The history behind our Bar
Foley’s On The Mall located in the historic town of Lismore, Co. Waterford was built in 1870. It’s first owner was a Mr. Ford who lived in the building as it was a private residence. He sold it in 1880 to the Byrne sisters who operated the premise as a Pub, Grocery Shop and Bakery. In 1923 the sisters retired and sold the business to their brother in law, Michael Foley who carried on the trade of Pub and Grocery store after closing the bakery in 1940. The premises was then kept in the family further after being run by Michael Foley’s children Cely and Richard, until Richards’s death in 1988. Cely continued on the family trade until her death in 2002.